A homeowner sent this to their remodeler recently:
“In all the years and all the businesses I’ve dealt with – you’re the first person who actually…” [click here to read the rest!]
Sorry to give you that cliff-hanger!
When you click the link it will give you the rest of the quote and will be a good lesson/reminder that you can use in your remodeling business.
The other reason I did that is so that you’ll click to see my new website – RemodelersAutoPilot.com! I just recently launched it.
Special thanks to the remodelers who sent me their ‘overwhelmed’ photos that I used on the home page:
Hope you’re having a great week!
Please reach out if I can help in any way – maybe with a joke, a tip, feedback on something you’re working on in your remodeling business, to share additional info on Remodelers AutoPilot, or just a word of encouragement.
Anything you can SURPRISE a team member(s) or trade partner with this week?
Let them know you care – maybe do something a little above and beyond to surprise them.
At the very least, toss out a hearty and heart felt ‘Thank You‘ as you’re talking to them this week or seeing them on the jobsite.
P.S. I thought I’d toss a photo in here – that’s our son Calvin – we recently did a vow renewal ceremony for my in-laws who were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary
P.P.S. Perhaps Calvin is also making that face because he’s surprised at how affordable his dad’s Remodel Your Sales Process course is…
The 8 classes (that start on September 12th) include:
- The Initial Phone Call: What You Must Do To Make A Great First Impression
- 5 Powerful Words When Talking With A Remodeling Prospect: This Is How We Work
- The In-Person Meeting: How To Prepare, What To Bring, And The Approach You Should Take
- No Project Left Behind: Your Lead Tracking, Sales Pipeline, and Follow-up System
- Let’s take a breath! We’ll focus on a review of everything we have covered so far and on how we’re doing with implementing
- They Are Sold! Now What? and After The Remodeling Job Is Done – Here’s What To Do
- How To Effectively Stay-In-Touch with Previous Clients/Prospects
- Open Q&A for the group, review of what we covered and a solid Wrap Up!
The 8 Live Group Coaching Sessions start on September 12, 2017 – all focused on helping you improve your sales process.
You can see the full topic details, dates/times for each training class, and pricing here (price goes up at the end of this week.)
Here’s a link to my recent webinar – if you find a lot of great ideas to implement in that webinar, you’ll love and benefit greatly from the classes.
When was the last time you invested some money in training for you or your team?
We need to continue to send our team to training – to build our knowledge as business owners – sharpen our sales skills, invest in understanding our financials, etc.
Look into local classes that your HBA or NARI groups are offering.
Look for seminars and workshops that your Chamber or other local groups are putting on.
Find webinars and podcasts to help you expand your thinking. Don’t be complacent – get out there and learn!
Two opportunities for you coming up on this topic:
- I’ve had many clients go through Michael Stone’s two-day in-person workshop and I highly recommend them. The workshop is titled ‘Making the Numbers Work in Construction‘
- They are coming up in Anaheim, Lafayette, Detroit, Cherry Hill, Omaha, and Houston. Details can be found here.
- I highly recommend this class if you’re needing to understand the financial side of your business in a much deeper way. Michael will challenge you on your mark-up, job costing, understanding your overall P&L, and more.
- Remodel Your Sales Process – this is my 8 session live group coaching that is starting on September 12, 2017. Details can be found here.
- I have 15 people signed up so far – it’s going to be lively and packed full of practical ideas – and all focused on implementing what you learn.
- Have a salesperson or office manager (who takes new prospect phone calls) on your team? This would a great training for them as well.
Don’t be complacent! Continue to improve your knowledge and the knowledge of your team. Make the time for it and set aside some of your hard earned dollars to invest in training.
Remodel Your Sales Process is a new training that I’m rolling out. It consists of 8 Live Group Coaching Sessions starting on September 12, 2017 – all focused on helping you improve your sales process.
Listen to a little bit of the webinar I recently did here – if you find that of value – you’ll love and benefit greatly from the classes.
You can see the topics, details, and dates/times for each training class here.
- If you sign-up before August 25th the cost for the 8 session training course is $297.
- If you sign-up between August 26th and September 5th the cost is $347.
- If you sign-up on September 6th or after the cost is $397.
So far, we have people from California, Colorado, Ohio, Florida, and Louisiana signed up – would love to have you as well!
Email us or call/text (517-902-8450) if you’re nterested and we’ll get you set-up.
P.S. On another note – my free private Facebook group for remodelers is a great place to learn and be encouraged.
P.P.S. I have a remodeling client who is planning on ramping down his remodeling business to go and work for another established remodeling company.
He wants to focus on what he loves, which is the sales/design side vs. running the overall business. His wife and he are recent empty nesters and open to moving to different areas in the country. If you’re looking for talented sales/design help – let me know and I’ll connect you with him.