Your previous clients know, like, and trust you.
Chances are, the majority of the dollars you put in your business bank account this year are coming from your previous clients – either repeat work or referrals for Your previous clients know, like, and trust you.
Chances are, the majority of the dollars you put in your business bank account this year are coming from your previous clients – either repeat work or referrals from them.
Your previous clients are your most valuable marketing asset.
8 out of 10 remodelers I speak with don’t have an organized previous client list (contact details are hiding in Quick Books, maybe in an out-of-date spreadsheet, in manila folders, etc.)
8 out of 10 remodelers I speak with haven’t sent squat to their previous clients in the last 12 months (they assume they will just reach out or refer them without needing to stay top of mind)
The 2 out of 10 remodelers who do have an organized client list and actively stay in touch (with a phone call, consistent emails, occasional mailing to them) will generate more repeat work and referrals.
I was just typing out a few more lines with some additional thoughts – but I deleted them!
Because what I already wrote is all that needs to be said. It sums it up nicely. A recap:
- Majority of your revenue is from previous clients
- They’re your most valuable marketing asset
- You probably don’t have your previous client list organized
- You probably aren’t staying in touch with them
- You’re missing out on more repeat and referral work because of it
- Organize your previous client list! Start by exporting it out of QuickBooks or wherever you have it. Open up a spreadsheet – get it organized!
- First/Last Name, Street, City/St/Zip, Email, Phone, Date of Last Project, etc. Keep it simple
- Decide on a date when you’re going to reach out to them
- Execute! Draft the letter or postcard. Write the email. Make it happen
You could also look into Remodelers AutoPilot (here’s a little video that shows you how it works.)
When you and I do the 1-on-1 meetings to set-up Remodelers AutoPilot, we get your previous client list organized and uploaded. We create a clear plan for staying in touch with them. You have a done-for-you email that gets created each month to send out to your list.
One of the big benefits of Remodelers AutoPilot is really utilizing and effectively marketing to your most valuable marketing asset – your previous clients.m them.