Take a look at this and think about how you can incorporate it into your sales process and follow-up.
We are having two sections of gutters replaced at our home. I asked the gutter company about what it would cost to add gutter guards and I received the reply below.
A few things to note:
1. I think they have sent this reply to other clients before – if you write up a great description/reply to common questions – SAVE THOSE! Don’t reinvent the wheel – use it over and over. If you use Gmail use the ‘Canned Response’ feature
2. They EDUCATED me in their reply below. They have tried many… Two options they recommend… Types of trees (made me think if we have any pines around these gutters) – explained the price difference between the two
3. Talked about the features and benefits of the Rx (more education.) ‘is only $470…’ – framing it as a deal
4. More education – details about warranty and what I’ll need to do to maintain things. Linked to brochure where I can learn more (I made up my mind already from their reply – haven’t even clicked on the brochure – but engineer types might want to – it’s nice that they include it.)
5. Asks for the sale and gives a reason why they need to have an answer soon (need to order materials prior to install date – a little sense of urgency)
Really great stuff. Take note! As you work with your clients, make sure you educate, explain the differences between products, and then educate and teach some more.
P.S. They were also lightning fast with replying to my questions. As a homeowner, I really like that (and in this day and age it’s surprising and makes them stand out)
THE GUTTER COMPANY’S REPLY:
“As for covers, we offer only 2 types any more. We have tried many different covers over the years, and with many faults for a lot of them.
The 2 covers we like are RX covers and Xtreme covers
Xtreme we use with pine trees and locust trees. It is designed just like RX but has an additional metal mesh on top to keep out the tiny debris (pine needles)
Xtreme is twice the price as RX.
Rx is a great cover. It is made of metal. It is screwed to the gutter and the fascia board for added security.
Debris does NOT get through this cover, but, it does not work with pine needles.
TO INSTALL (6″) RX COVERS ON THE NEW SECTIONS OF YOUR GUTTERS IS ONLY $470
Things to know about covers:
ALL COVERS RESTRICT WATER FLOW. We will only install them on (6″) gutters to prevent water issues.
* There is no such thing as a maintenance free cover.
* Warranties guarantee debris will not get INSIDE the gutters.
NO WARRANTY covers debris sitting on top of the covers.
Wind will blow off much of the debris, but it is the homeowner’s responsibility to maintain the tops of covers so water flow is
I attached a copy of the RX brochure. Do you want us to do the covers on the new gutters?
Please let us know so we can make sure we have the product with us on the day of installation.
Discussing best practices like this. Talking with the group what is working for you and new things you’re trying. Getting inspired by examples from your fellow group members…
That’s just a small sampling of what it’s like to grow and improve and feel energized by being a part of our Remodelers Circle Mastermind Groups.
Groups are kicking off in April and the spots are filling up. Let me know if you’re interested (or if you have any questions.)