I saw this post on Remodeling Magazine’s Facebook post recently
It made me think of a way to turn this bad news about our industry into GOOD news about your remodeling business. Along with educating homeowners on what to look out for when hiring a remodeler.
See my thoughts in the 1 minute video and feel free to swipe the content I wrote below and post it on your business page:
Sadly – we work in an industry that is #2 in Consumer Complaints.
While we work extremely hard to deliver our projects on time, on budget, with exceptional communication, wonderful workmanship – and stand behind our work for years after we’re done…
The fact is that there are a lot of remodeling companies that give our industry a bad name.
Please, please, please – do your due diligence before hiring any remodeler or home improvement company. Be sure to go through a checklist like this – do they:
Have a written process outline the steps from initial contact to completion, so your project doesn’t get lost in the shuffle?
– Carry worker’s comp insurance on every employee who enter your home?
– Provide a guaranteed project cost, using a fixed-price contract, rather than an open-ended estimate?
– Acquire permits and use licensed trade and mechanical contractors (e.g. Plumber, electrician)?
– Have a clean reputation on the internet? (i.e. Google their company name)
– Have a list of references that you may contact on your own?
– What type of warranty do they offer?
– Have a plan for how he or she will respect your home and your family?
– Know how long the design, planning, and construction phases will take?
– Practice clear communication in a timely manner consistent with today’s technology?
Please do your homework and make sure you select a professional who will do a great job for you and your home!