14 things about this photo that is helpful for you to be thinking about:
1. That’s Andy with the beard. I know Andy because a mutual colleague of ours went out of his way to introduce us. We have become good friends and see each other in-person (here in Michigan) regularly. Be a connector – I appreciate that colleague more because he took the time to introduce someone to me that has positively impacted my life (and business.) Who do you know that you can connect today?
2. That’s Bailey at the bottom of the image. My Marketing Director – I finally stepped up to the plate and HIRED someone this year. Yes, I’ve had help here and there over my 12 years in business, but never an employee. It’s been an investment of time and money, but one that’s paying off in a big way. Do you need to make a similar investment with a position in your business?
3. We’re meeting via Zoom. Have you ever considered meeting with a client in this way? What if you could show your design changes or proposal changes via Zoom – saving them (and you) drive time, making the process more convenient, and reducing the ‘cycle time’ (the time it takes for you to take a prospect from the start of the process to contract signing?)
4. I would not have Remodelers AutoPilot (http://www.RemodelersAutoPilot.com) implemented and successful without Andy. Hiring an expert who can bring unique skills and hold you accountable is incredibly valuable.
5. We’re working ON the business in this meeting. Just a reminder – make sure you’re carving out to time to work ON not just IN the business.
6. What we were meeting about is our plan for the next three weeks to promote the course that’s launching on January 9, 2020. Are you signed up for it yet? Details here: http://www.RemodelYourMarketingPlan.com
7. Document the process! We overthink content – I said, “Hey guys, smile!” and I took a screenshot. Take photos/quick ‘behind the scenes’ videos of your projects and share what’s going on in that photo. Document the process! It makes for great content – more ideas on this podcast episode: http://remodelersontherise.com/imagine-this
8. What gets measured, gets improved. I’m holding up a little sheet that has 1-20 listed with 1-10 crossed off (because 10 of the 20 slots for the Remodel Your Marketing Plan course are filled.) Having that visual goal and sheet in front of me keeps me focused and gives me a goal to aim for. What is something that you need to be measuring in your business?
9. I decided to work from home yesterday vs. go into the office. The change of scene led to a very productive day. Don’t be afraid of changing where you work to mix things up.
10. Are you a lone wolf? Reach out to people – find your community – get some outside help/perspective. It’s important and it helps in a big way.
11. If you’re reading this far – keep in mind – numbering things out in content you create is effective. It makes the reader want to keep reading and breaks the content up 🙂
12. We don’t know what 2020 is going to bring. It’s an election year. Is the economy going to cool off? What’s going to happen? None of us know, but I do know that getting your marketing plan organized and implemented is important no matter what the year brings. Be sure to consider the course I’m offering 🙂 http://www.RemodelYourMarketingPlan.com
13. Bailey is my employee – it is my job to make Remodel Your Marketing an enjoyable place for her to work, to train her well, to make sure she’s clear with what she’s responsible for, to challenge her and help her grow in her skills. Likewise, that’s your job with your team. Invest time and energy towards that!
14. Lastly, THANK YOU for consuming my content. If you learn something from what I share/teach – the best way you can thank me is to DO SOMETHING WITH IT and IMPLEMENT.
Comment below with the number (1-14) that jumped out at you the most