REMODELER: An Opportunity for You:
Remodel Your Marketing Plan
If I was sitting next to you in your office and we started talking about marketing your remodeling business…
- We would look closely at the # of leads you generated (and where they came from), # of signed projects, 2020 total sales, and average project size.
- We would pull up QuickBooks, click into the details of the ‘Marketing/Advertising’ line item and review how much and exactly where you spent your 2020 marketing and advertising dollars (this is critical and often overlooked.)
- This would give us clear insight into what’s working and not working and show us exactly where your precious marketing dollars are being spent and how they’re doing for you.
We’d then jump to your 2021 Total Sales goal and overall 2021 plans so that we can understand what we’re trying to achieve with your marketing in 2021 (i.e. if you’re doing $2M in revenue and want to grow 75% this year, most likely we’ll need a more strategic, specific, and perhaps larger marketing budget than someone looking to grow less.)
We then spend time looking at your overall Marketing Strategy
- I would push you hard and give you coaching on identifying what truly makes you different than any of your competition, because once you lock that in, you won’t look/talk/act the same as your competition and you stay far away from competing on price alone.
- We would get crystal clear with your Ideal Client and Ideal Project (the clearer we can get the easier it is to find them with our marketing efforts.)
- We would create an ‘Our Difference’ marketing piece for your website and marketing efforts (and I’ll show you exactly how to use it to close more projects.)
- It’s important to lock in our Marketing Strategy before diving into the Tactics.
- We would go one by one through all of the Marketing Tactics at your disposal (I’ll look at them with a critical eye and give you my best advice, critique and feedback for making them more powerful, so they attract better quality leads better.)
- We’d look at each of one of them and discuss for each: What have you done in the past? What have you considered doing? Again, I would share my expertise on what you should do and what I’ve seen other remodelers have success with.
- The Marketing Tactics we would take our time and go through are are things like:
- Staying-In-Touch with Previous Clients/Prospects
- Strategic Partner Development
- Referral Program
- Home Shows/Parade of Homes/Events
- Jobsite Signs
- Pardon Our Dust Campaigns
- Advertising (Print, Radio, TV, Sponsorships)
- Email Marketing
- Press Releases/Awards
- Website/SEO/Local Search Engine Marketing
- Video Marketing/Content Creation
- Social Media – Facebook/Houzz/Instagram
- Your Vehicles/Office/Showroom
- (with an eye on optimizing everything.)
- There are a good number of Marketing Tactics and a lot to discuss/review/learn about! (Together we’ll identify the right ones to focus on for your specific business.)
We would then look at all of your Tactics and put them in Priority Order
(and place some of them in the ‘Parking Lot’)
- The priority order will depend on who your ideal client/project is, what’s worked for you in the past, your marketing budget, and other factors.
- The ‘Parking Lot’ is ideas that are good, but that you aren’t going to take action on at this time. We don’t have the time and money for everything, and we need to make sure we put a marketing plan together that we can truly implement and accomplish.
After that (#5)
(Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-Bound) goals for your Marketing Plan
- I would drive us to create, under each part of our marketing plan exactly what needs to get done, by whom, and by when (knowing this greatly reduces stress and makes your company easier to manage.)
- Having a clear plan is key to getting it implemented!
- We would also add a budget amount next to each area of our marketing plan so you can feel comfortable with how much you’re investing in your marketing efforts.
To wrap it up (#6)
- By having a well-thought-out, clear Marketing Strategy, Plan, and Budget – you’re set-up for tremendous implementation and success for the coming year. If this isn’t something you’ve done in the past (or have tried to do, but found it too challenging) I’ll lead you the process so that you get it done and done well.
- This works! Over the last decade, I’ve led over 100 professional remodelers through this proven process, with great success.
Here’s a quick recap of what you’re getting:
- 8 Recorded Coaching Calls to work through at your own pace – Over the 8 weeks, we will walk through the Marketing Plan & Budget process just as I outlined above.
- I’ll provide you with the customizable and detailed Marketing Plan
- You’ll receive a professional Marketing Budget Spreadsheet
- Along the way I’ll share all of my proprietary templates, tools, and resources with you, so you have a clear path forward and can stay organized
- Have a question as we go through the course? You have direct email access to me – ask your questions and I’ll always go above and beyond to give you my very best feedback/advice/direction
Rest assured you are in good hands.
My name is Kyle Hunt. For the last 12 years, I’ve worked closely with remodelers around the country.
I write regularly for Remodeling Magazine and NARI, along with other industry publications, and have been a featured speaker at IBS, the national Remodeling Show, and numerous HBA’s.
Most of my remodeling clients focus on selling kitchen, bathroom, and addition projects and are seeking to increase their profits while shrinking the number of hours they work and the stress they are carrying. Time and again I’m able to deliver those results.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via email, text or phone ( my personal cell is 517-902-8450).